Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Thanksgiving has come and gone. Hard to believe, am I right? I'm still full from all of the yummy food.

Thanksgiving actually started a few days early in our household. I was able to be a mother helper in Collin's preschool class. He and his friends had a feast for lunch. They had each made placemats and special hats. I love that I am able to be home so I can attend these things for Collin. His classmates dined on mashed potatoes, cranberries, fruit, rolls, turkey, and corn. Collin ate peanut butter and jelly and the items that didn't have dairy in them. They read a special book about the pilgrims and played a fun game as well.






Thanksgiving Day was a rough day for me personally. I woke up to a very intense RA flare up. I was miserable. Mike had to help me get ready and he even blow dried my hair.... and burned my scalp. :P
We went to parents and I was able to just rest as I watched every one prepare a super yummy meal!



Saturday we were to head to Chicago for Thanksgiving. I was still in an intense flare up and had very little sleep over the few days. I was struggling big time. Mike still went on to Chicago with the boys and had a great time. I was so bummed to miss out and I cried when they left. I hate this disease but I was thankful they were still able to go. A few days before Thanksgiving Collin asked Uncle Barron if he had choo choos at his house. He said he did because....



He has REAL choo choo trains! Mike, Uncle Barron, and Collin took a ride in to the city. Collin LOVED it.... even though his picture doesn't look like it.

All in all, Thanksgiving was a success. I just wish I had felt much better.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday!


No comments: